Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine's Vignette on the Cheap!

I have always decorated for most holidays, some more than others. This is my first time "really" decorating for Valentine's Day, and sharing it in blogland. I love Valentine's Day, some don't, but with a family like mine - what's not to love! I have a very loving husband and two very adorable kiddos and one cute, little dog! =)


This Valentine's vignette has been done with a few new items and with things I already had on hand! Let me know what you think.

I LOVE this piece of furniture. It belonged to my great grandparents. It's old but not sure how old. Their friend on an neighboring farm made it for them. It's not high-end or has a great finish on it but I just love it.  I have been hesitant to refinish it because it is how it looked in my great grandma's house. I can remember it with all her knick knack's sitting on it. I have thought about refinishing it with a stain or painting it black and then distress it. Just don't know what to do because I want to make sure whatever I do is timeless because it's a piece I want to always have in my home.

The mirror I bought about 10 years ago at a little flea market in Brown Co., IN. It's old and looks old and I love it! I already had the wooden heart wreath.

 The "Be Mine" wording came from the Dollar General store for $3


 The white birdcage is a Goodwill find for $1.50. I already had the nest and eggs. The red candle pillars are the wickless candles. I got them on 90% off Christmas clearance at the Dollar Gernal store along with the Valentine's ribbon. The glass candlesticks were a wedding gift.

 I just made this. Not my best work but it will do. I had the frame and love paper and white buttons. I just glued the buttons on the glass.

 The white pleasant birds I have had for a few years. I love them! I believe I got them at a peddler/vendor mall. Their home has been in the kitchen but have now found a new home on my Valentine' Day vignette! Do you see something from my Winter vignette?

 This subway print I got for free. So sorry but I can't remember where. (Hey, I'm new at this so give me a break! Ha ha!) I promise to do better next time!

And it wouldn't be complete without Willow Tree figures. Here is my lovely but small collection.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm linking to:
The Stories of A to Z Valentine Mantel Linky Party
Somewhat Simple Valentine Linky Party
Its a Hodge Podge Friday
Simply Sweet Home's Friday Favorites




Get your craft on Thurs.

11 comments:

  1. Very "Valentines-y". That is a real neat piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the cabinet and its a priceless family heirloom and your decor is pefectly Valentine-ish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, thanks for joining my newbie party. There are a few guidelines you need to follow to join in...please go look and relink, thanks:) This is going to be a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bird cage! How stinkin cute! I don't have any little birdies or anything yet...but they are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute vignette! I love the birdcage. That was quite the score at Goodwill! I also love the button/LOVE picture. It's very creative.
    I'm here from the Newbie party and am also a Newbie. :)

    Have a great day!
    Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Valentines Day vingnette! I love the pops of red! I'm here from Debbie's newbie party! I'm following your blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to blogland. I see you're already in the swing of things for Valentine's Day. I love your subway print and especially the part about trusting the Lord.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very cute!
    Enjoyed reading your blog

    Found your site from Debbiedoo's link up party

    Hope you had a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cabinet is lovely, all the more so because of its history. I've come over from Debbiedoos and really enjoyed your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cabinet, all the storage on it is great! Your V-Day decor is beautiful! Visiting from Debbiedoos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. Love the bird cage. Your Valentine's vignette is adorable. Visiting from Debbiedoos.
    I am your newest follower. I hope you come over and follow me back and say hi. Linda

    ReplyDelete